Free Virtual Series
ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION SCHOOL LEADERS
COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
Alternative Education Leaders face extremely challenging circumstances in very unique
educational settings. Alternative Education Schools are difficult to manage, lead, and
staff. The 21CSLA Alt Ed Community of Practice is a professional learning group,
consisting of job-alike Alt Ed leaders, that will discuss the practices specific to
Alternative Education settings.
Topics may include:
• Creating communities for supporting students;
• Understanding how trauma impacts learning and trauma informed practices;
• Best practices in implementing legislative/policy updates;
• Improving the College Career Indicator and Chronic Absenteeism rates;
• Meeting IEP goals and partnerships with Special Education
• Transitioning to Alt. Ed. programs and back to the comprehensive site;
• Engaging with community partnerships;
• Defining what authentic engagement of students and families really looks like;
• Discussing the importance of a personalized and caring approach to leadership;
• Motivating students as a collaborative and individualized process.
Date / Time / Location|
10/11/22, 10/25/22, 11/15/22, 12/13/22, 1/10/23, 1/24/23, 2/7/23, 2/28/23, 3/14/23, 3/28/23, 4/11/23, 4/25/23
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Free Virtual Series via Zoom
|Who Will Benefit|
Eligibility Participants must be a K-12 administrator working in one of our partner counties (Fresno, Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, or Ventura).